Yehuda HaLevi & The Kuzari -
Professor Daniel Lasker
BA, MA and PhD, Department of Near Eastern and Judaic Studies, Brandeis University.
Norbert Blechner Professor of Jewish Values (emeritus) in the Goldstein-Goren Department of Jewish Thought, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Academic areas of interest: medieval Jewish philosophy including the thought of Yehuda HaLevi, Maimonides, Hasdai Cresca, Jewish- Christian relations and Karaite Judaism
· Karaism: An Introduction to the Oldest Surviving Alternative Judaism
· The Refutation of the Christian Principles
· Jewish Philosophical Polemics Against Christianity in the Middle Ages: With a New Introduction
· Theological Encounters at a Crossroads
· From Judah Hadassi to Elijah Bashyatchi: Studies in Late Medieval Karaite Philosophy
The Kuzari – Yehuda HaLevi – Professor Daniel Lasker – Introduction
Why did Yehuda HaLevi write The Kuzari?
The Kuzari – Structure & Content?
The Kuzari – Philosophical Work or Polemic?
How does The Kuzari compare to Saadia Gaon’s Emunot Ve’deot?
(Jewish) Khazars – Myth or Reality?
The Kuzari - HaLevi - Poetry- What's the Connection?
Yehuda HaLevi & Abraham Ibn Ezra -
Yehuda HaLevi’s Journey to the Land of Israel
Why is the Kuzari Popular Today?